Windows 7 how to subscribe to rss feeds

lartomar2002

when i click on the rss icon i get a page saying" subscribe to this feed using" then there is a drop down box that offers some suggestions and " choose an application" is one of them. it is there that i get stuck. i wan to use one of my applications(tversity) to subscribe to the feed. when i type "tversity" into the search box to find find it i get many results with "tversity" located in many different locations. which one do i choose. if i could get the snippet tool to work for me i would post an example(every time i open the snippet tool the search page closes) thanks.

Hello, and welcome to the forums :).
Could you press PrtScr on your keyboard, paste it into paint, save and upload the screenshot?
Chances are you'll just have to select the main executable, but since I've never used the program, I couldn't tell you which one that would be.

Post back :)

print screen of my rss sbubscription.png
ya it worked! i love it whenever i learn something new. anyways here is what i am looking at hope it helps. thanks

OK. In the window that opens to choose the program, browse to C:\Program Files (or Program Files x86 if you have 64-bit)\(most likely Tversity), post the screen of that, I should be able to figure out what the main executable is.

Untitled.png
i did not find any tversity in programs or programs x 86. i went into the properties of the program and found this location:"C:\Users\lartomar2002\AppData\Local\TVersity\Media Server\web\admin\TVersity.exe". i hope this page will help. thanks

yes it does. that is how i found the lat page i sent to you. in properties the "target" is this:"C:\Users\lartomar2002\AppData\Local\TVersity\Media Server\web\admin\TVersity.exe". "start in" is this:"C:\Users\lartomar2002\AppData\Local\TVersity\Media Server". i hope this helps. i really do appreciate all the effort you are putting in for me. maybe i will be able to pass it on to someone else some day. thanks

excellent.
So you said the when you select the program, it only opens, rather than showing the appropriate dialogue? (To subscribe to the feeds).
If this is so, it's possible the program needs the appropriate commands upon execution.. I will have a look see around the internet to see if I could find them :)

**EDIT**

I downloaded Tversity, and it is possible to add a feed manually, since I'm not quite sure how RSS feeds work, (and more or less hate them;)), I'll ask you to try and subscribe using Internet Explorer.

Last edited:
ok, now my ignorance is is really going to show. how do i subscribe using internet explorer. and by the way i use firefox.

Open the same site, and there should be an RSS button below the search function.. Click the drop down menu beside that.. click the appropriate RSS feed, then same procedure.

As I said, I'm not entirely sure how RSS feeds work, but if there's some downloaded component, you could probably set the default handler to be Tversity.

Here we are:
rss.png

Essentially, if I'm still on track, we just need to get Tversity to open when you choose to add the RSS using a browser, correct?

Okay, so i tried the Tversity, and IMO, it kinda sucks, I'm not such a fan of it, although i could get my favorite rss feeds to go onto my Droid, i just would stick with an internet browser to do them, I know IE does it, and i'm sure Chrome/Firefox does too, I personally run Chrome but I have all my feeds on my phone, best of luck!

Back