HP DV1000 Laptop - No Sound

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Help and Support' started by Cregglea, Oct 27, 2009.

1. Cregglea

Cregglea New Member

Can anyone help? I have installed Windows 7 on a HP DV1000 Pavilion laptop, no problems. However l have no sound.
    I have a Conexant High Definition Audio driver installed and its working. If l plug in headphones l get sound, however the speakers are not working. I know its not the speakers because prior to this l had XP installed and had no issues....
    At a complete loss now, its using the Waikiki chipset if that rings any bells with folks.

Thanks

2. SloanStrife

SloanStrife New Member

same problem

Just installed Win7 Pro on my dv1000 (specifically dv1680ca) and I also have no sound. I had to initially install a driver from HP's website (only drivers for XP and Vista were available) for windows to see that I had speakers at all, not it thinks I have sound (sound animation in taskbar), but no sound.

I do get sound when I plug in my headphones, but nothing from the speakers. The same problem came up with Vista, but the driver seemed to work that time.

I was browsing their website, and this link seems to suggest that our computer won't be supported with windows 7.

If that's the case.... DAMMIT!

3. SloanStrife

SloanStrife New Member

hey, i posted a reply that i had the same problem - i just fixed it by using the drivers for windows XP... odd

here's the link

i downloaded both audio drivers

4. davep04

davep04 New Member

OK OK EVERYONE! I have researched this for WEEKS on end now and I tried everything that every post said to do and I am giving you the REAL solution today that worked on my HP DV1000 When nothing else did. I am not one to do these threads but I had to share this because I feel everyones pain on this problem. go to the link I provide and follow his instructions and you WILL have sound once and for all. Hope this helps you guys all out. Laptop Drivers: Installing Conexant CX20468-31 AC97 Audio Driver in windows 7