hp dv2000 vista

de08

Hi
I have a hp dv2000 which has vista. Problems begun when i installed kaspersky anti virus. Messages always come up saying that i have a counterfeit verson of vista when i dont and that it cant update. As soon as i turn the anti virus off the messages dont come up. Have emailed kaspersky and they dont know why this is happening.
Second problem.. i installed a program which is compatible with XP so i chose to run the program as compatible with xp. When i tried to used the program it would launch for two seconds then come up saying program has stopped working and that is all it closes. I have tied unistalling this program and the uninstall funtction stops working too. I then noticed that even the control panel will not open it comes up for a split second and then dissapears...
Not happy with vista had no such problems with xp
Please help

that computer sucks ass i had 1 and i only had it a year because it messed up so much but yeah i dunnno about ur prob

kemical

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
Microsoft MVP
Try un-installing the anti-virus utility then loading SP1 udate. You may find that the utility will run better once this has been applied..

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.