Windows 7 HP LJ 1100, shared over a network...

RavnosCC

Hello,

I am trying to figure out how to install the driver for Windows7 for my HPLJ1100, I have it shared across the network properly, Windows7 finds it, but then has no idea what the driver for it is, and doesn't prompt me with a set of pre-installed drivers, ala Windows XP did. I have searched far and wide on the internet for a standalone driver for Windows7, and it doesn't exist, HP says, "windows7, vista, etc. will automatically choose a driver built in". But when installing over the network, windows 7 has no idea what to do when it can't find the driver, and only prompts me to "browse" for it.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Hello,

I am trying to figure out how to install the driver for Windows7 for my HPLJ1100, I have it shared across the network properly, Windows7 finds it, but then has no idea what the driver for it is, and doesn't prompt me with a set of pre-installed drivers, ala Windows XP did. I have searched far and wide on the internet for a standalone driver for Windows7, and it doesn't exist, HP says, "windows7, vista, etc. will automatically choose a driver built in". But when installing over the network, windows 7 has no idea what to do when it can't find the driver, and only prompts me to "browse" for it.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
----

It looks like Microsoft left the "Update" button off the network printer dialog. As a work around, you can do a local printer install on LPT1 (doesn't matter if it isn't there), and click on the "Windows Update" button in the "Install the printer driver" window (it's not in the existing list of printer drivers). After a few minutes of communing with Redmond, you should get a much longer driver list to choose from. Do it right away, as this list isn't retained, at least in this version. After your printer is set up locally, install it again as you would normally over your local network-- it should now find the driver.

Eric

Worked.

Thanks again... Hopefully they'll update that missing button, among other things, Add a Printer hung the first time I tried it, and I rebooted, then it crashed explorer, then it worked.

Good times Windows7, good times....

Back
Top Bottom