Windows 7 hp mini 110 1030 nr touchpad not being detected

gearboy666

so i have an hp mini 110 1030 nr and everything else was detected by windows 7. ive tried installing the vista driver, and windows still wont detect the touchpad. other USB mice will work but not the touchpad, i have tried restarting, checking the device manager and it just isnt showing up anywhere. I know for a darn fact i have a touchpad but windows doesnt think the same.

ihave the same computer i just upgraded to 7 last week and usedthis driver http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-75195-1&lc=en&dlc=it&cc=it&lang=it&os=4062&product=3977885
hope this works for ya bro

I had issue with my Elan touchpad and my solution after a bunch of head ache was to shut down computer, unplug, and pull the battery out. After doing so I touched the touchpad while computer is off and the power button. Then put battery back in and started up and it was solved... Magic! It worked for my problem (Touchpad was not even showing up in device manager computer didn't think it had one, it wouldn't even work when I booted into Linux) There must of been some really weird charge on the capacitor so this allowed it to discharge. Think of it as hitting the reset button.

And of course make sure your touchpad is enabled in the bios or with the touchpad on/off button either on your keyboard F-Keys or a button next to the touchpad (that the touchpad off button is not set). Also check touchpad settings in your mouse settings section to.

Back