HsMgr.exe*32 Causes 32-bit program issues.

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Help and Support' started by Sean1082, Nov 13, 2009.

1. Sean1082

Sean1082 New Member

I have found out that this process is causing my 32-bit programs (FireFox, Internet Explorer, Steam, etc) to not run. Although when I try to run them, their process appears, no actual window appears. As soon as I end the process of HsMgr.exe*32, all the programs run perfectly fine. I have two HsMgr.exe programs running on my system for some reason. a 64-bit version (HsMgr64.exe) and the 32 bit version (HsMgr.exe*32). I was wondering if it is possible to simply delete this 32 bit version from my system folder to prevent it from starting up when my PC starts up. Considering when I stop it, nothing bad seems to happen, I don't see how it would be a problem. Just checking to see if anyone knows what this does.

Thanks
    Sean

2. kemical

kemical Windows Forum Admin
    Staff Member Premium Supporter Microsoft MVP

From initial looks at the net it looks like a sound driver?.. I'll look a little more but whilst I do what are you sound drivers like? Latest versions ect?

Just as a thought.. If you type msconfig in the run box, hit enter and then check the start up tab under system configuration. You might be able to stop these drivers from starting up?

#2 kemical, Nov 13, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2009
  3. Sean1082

Sean1082 New Member

I'll try this, thanks. And yes, they are the most up-to-date drivers.

EDIT: I found the driver no problem using msconfig and unselected it from running on startup. That should fix the problem considering that was the only program I had to stop to fix the issue. Thanks again.

#3 Sean1082, Nov 13, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2009
  4. kemical

kemical Windows Forum Admin
    Staff Member Premium Supporter Microsoft MVP

Sounds promising.. Lets hope that this proves to be the solution.. :)