Windows 7 I have lost my Task Bar

sparkfishes

I have suiddenly lost the task bar from the bottom of my desktop screen
If I switch the computer off and back on it appears but at some time later it disappears
I am not aware I have changed any settiong - I dont normally mess with the screen or display settings

Is the autohide feature on or off?

- > Right click on the Start button and click on Properties - > Taskbar tab - > Auto-hide the taskbar box.

Also, are you using automatic logon feature ?

Also try this (restart explorer.exe):

1. Holding down Ctr and Shift, click the Start menu, then right-click on an empty area in the Start menu. You’ll see a Popup menu containing the two options Exit Explorer and Properties.

2. Choose Exit Explorer

3. Press Ctr Shift Esc - this will start task manager -> File -> New task (Run...) -> explorer.exe -> Enter.

Your taskbar should appear now.

I do not have auto hide checked ........ I had done as you suggested before I posted I looked at FIX58 also and it did not seem to apply- but thanks for the reply anyway -
I have read lots of posts with this problem - but few that have been solve and non with thie type of failure I amd many other seem to have had
I am not sure what is meant by "automatic log on" - but, since I switch my computer on and every thing usually stat with out any pass word etc I guess I am - but as far as I know I have never set a feature "automatic log on"

I have regained the taskbar by restoring my computer to an earlier date however , as it seem a common accuence I would like to know how to fix / prevent it happening again - if any one knows the answer
Oh! I will copy and keep the "exit Explorer" instruction in case it happens again and that is the solution.

I am not sure what is meant by "automatic log on" - but, since I switch my computer on and every thing usually stat with out any pass word etc I guess I am - but as far as I know I have never set a feature "automatic log on"

This is what it is:

Link Removed - Invalid URL

The reason I asked is MS Fix 58 applies to cases when the autologon feature is on.

I have regained the taskbar by restoring my computer to an earlier date however , as it seem a common accuence I would like to know how to fix / prevent it happening again - if any one knows the answer

I also searched but didn't find one common working solution. So System Restore helped you - good info, thank you for the feedback.

Oh! I will copy and keep the "exit Explorer" instruction in case it happens again and that is the solution.

No problem, you are much welcome.

Explorer.exe is the process behind 'Taskbar', so restarting this process sometimes fixes the problem.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom