I have lost my Task Bar

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Help and Support' started by sparkfishes, Jul 11, 2010.

1. sparkfishes

sparkfishes New Member

I have suiddenly lost the task bar from the bottom of my desktop screen
    If I switch the computer off and back on it appears but at some time later it disappears
    I am not aware I have changed any settiong - I dont normally mess with the screen or display settings

2. cybercore

cybercore New Member

Is the autohide feature on or off?

- > Right click on the Start button and click on Properties - > Taskbar tab - > Auto-hide the taskbar box.

Also, are you using automatic logon feature ?

1 person likes this.
  3. cybercore

cybercore New Member

4. cybercore

cybercore New Member

Also try this (restart explorer.exe):

1. Holding down Ctr and Shift, click the Start menu, then right-click on an empty area in the Start menu. You’ll see a Popup menu containing the two options Exit Explorer and Properties.

2. Choose Exit Explorer

3. Press Ctr Shift Esc - this will start task manager -> File -> New task (Run...) -> explorer.exe -> Enter.

Your taskbar should appear now.

5. sparkfishes

sparkfishes New Member

I do not have auto hide checked ........ I had done as you suggested before I posted I looked at FIX58 also and it did not seem to apply- but thanks for the reply anyway -
    I have read lots of posts with this problem - but few that have been solve and non with thie type of failure I amd many other seem to have had
    I am not sure what is meant by "automatic log on" - but, since I switch my computer on and every thing usually stat with out any pass word etc I guess I am - but as far as I know I have never set a feature "automatic log on"

I have regained the taskbar by restoring my computer to an earlier date however , as it seem a common accuence I would like to know how to fix / prevent it happening again - if any one knows the answer
    Oh! I will copy and keep the "exit Explorer" instruction in case it happens again and that is the solution.

6. cybercore

cybercore New Member

This is what it is:

Automatic Logon Into Windows 7

The reason I asked is MS Fix 58 applies to cases when the autologon feature is on.

I also searched but didn't find one common working solution. So System Restore helped you - good info, thank you for the feedback.

No problem, you are much welcome.

Explorer.exe is the process behind 'Taskbar', so restarting this process sometimes fixes the problem.

#6 cybercore, Jul 12, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2010