I need a new windows 7 laptop

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Help and Support' started by Tom101725, Nov 6, 2009.

1. Tom101725

Tom101725 New Member

Nov 6, 2009
    Hey, this is my first post and it is about me wanting to buy a new windows 7 laptop...
    My last laptop i purchased, i researched laptops for several months before buying a new one and it the end it wasn't what i expected and sold it after my first year in college. Reasons why were that it got way to overheated and the battery life sucked (2hours) and i bought it late 2008.
    I need help finding myself a new laptop and would like it if you guys helped me choose it; i have a few must have options:
    Better than 2.2Ghz Processor Core 2 Duo
    Around 6 hours battery life
    13-14inch screen
    under 1000$

I dont care what brand but i dont what to get a netbook... Can you help me decide, thanks...

Also i've been contemplating getting the new macbook pro 13 but i don't want to spend all that extra money as i could use it for a monitor, mouse, software, textbooks my tuition etc. but i might not have a choice as the mac has everything i want except for the Price Tag
    #1 Tom101725, Nov 6, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2009
  2. tblount

tblount New Member

Sep 27, 2009
    Look for laptop deals with a lot of thumbs up in the hot deals forum at slickdeals.net AND read everything people are saying about it in the thread. I hate compaq... mine died 1 month out of warrenty and they wanted $400 to replace/fix it.