Windows 7 I need a video card???

lostsoul65

I have 2 good video cards Video Card - "NVIDIA GeForce GT 240 - 1 Gig Ram" and a "ATI Radeon 5750 1 Gig" and I need another one for my third computer so I go down and get a "Diamond Radeon HD 6450" which is a total piece of junk. So how do I get a video card that would at least equal my two other video cards. After hours of looking I just don't get it. I need help?

For $80 I can get a MSI R7770-PMD1GD5 Radeon HD 7770 GHzEdition 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card

My ATI Radeon HD 5750 1 gig (Plays Rage Good) is twice asstrong as this Diamond Radeon HD 6450 1 gig (Can't play Rage)? I though the higher numbers for the card was supposedto be a better card. I get most of my computer stuff at Fry's Electronics and Ican spend more money but I just want the best bang for the buck.

Last edited:
To explain AMD's numbering of their cards -

The first number is the generation of the GPU. So 7XXX would be the 7th Generation of Cards, 6XXX would be the 6th Generation of Cards etc etc.

The second number is usually related to the card's architecture.

The third and fourth is the model of the card.

Higher numbers are not necessarily better, but for most cards the rule applies.

AS for the best card/price value, I'd reccommend the GTX 660Ti. It's cheap but uses the same architecture and GPU chip as the GTX 680 (GK104), and if you overclock it then you'd be able to reach decent speeds for any game.

Back
Top Bottom