Windows 7 i need help debugging crash dumps please

tbestenlehner

i recently build a new pc and cannot stop the blue screans i replace everything in my computer except the cpu and mother board. ran memtest like 100 times. driver verifier and everything anyone could seem to suggest but i cannot get them to go away and don't have another mobo or cpu to test on. please help me if you can

Attachments

• 081111-23368-01.dmp
    285.3 KB · Views: 317
  • 081111-30591-01.dmp
    279.1 KB · Views: 314
  • 081411-21309-01.dmp
    283.4 KB · Views: 274
  • 081611-26972-01.dmp
    276.8 KB · Views: 381
  • 082111-22620-01.dmp
    277.8 KB · Views: 315
  • 082111-23462-01.dmp
    256 KB · Views: 307
  • 082111-23618-01.dmp
    277.6 KB · Views: 424
  • 082111-30841-01.dmp
    285 KB · Views: 316
  • 082211-19765-01.dmp
    260.3 KB · Views: 310
I have looked at some of your dumps and it appears the Nvidia driver is involved in several of them. All of the ones I have seen seem to be related to memory, either addressing or corruption. Since you seem to have the same Nvidia driver I have, possibly something else is causing some bad data.

Could you tell us about your system, motherboard, type and amount of RAM, Video card,etc., so we can access your problem better? Are there any settings in the Bios for any video memory?

Does this happen in Safe Mode? Have you reverted to earlier drivers for the Video?

It seems from net postings, your type of situation has been around for a while. I have never seen it on any of my systems, so perhaps some comparisons might help.

Also, there is a sticky that enumerates the type of information which could be helpful for diagnosis. CPU-Z might indicate a problem with your setup as far as memory or processor.

well i've kinda built 2 systems. but here are my spects. i'll show you what i've replaced from my original build and the one i have now. so you know or have an idea what i've done.

Original system
Amd 1100t
cooler master v6 cpu fan
Asus m4a87td evo mobo
8Gb 2x4 corsair dominator RAM
Ati hd 5850 Graphics card
Western digital 1Tb hdd
Xtreme gear 700 watt power supply

Present System
Amd 1100t
cooler master v6 cpu fan
Asus m4a87td evo mobo
16 GB(4x4) crucial ballistix Ram
Nvidia geforce gtx 560 ti
1TB seagate Hdd
1000 watt kingwin power supply

i've reinstalled windows several times. driver verifier, memtest, individually tested each stick of ram... i've really tried everything. i've never had a bluescreen in safe mode but i have had few reboots. there are no settings i can find in the bios for video memory. just for main display adapter... PCI, PCI-E, ext.

Hi tbestenlehner,

As Saltgrass has said. The screenies of CPU-Z will help enormously. With 16Gb of Ram your settings may need tweaking.

Download and run CPU-Z. Take screenshots/snips of the Memory tab and all the slot#'s under the SPD tab.

Go to Post Reply, click on Go Advanced button and attach the screenshots/snips to your post for all the RAM experts to see by using the paper clip you will find on the top toolbar. Do not zip them up.

ok here is the cpu-z screenshots

Attachments

• cpuz0.png
    cpuz0.png
    56.4 KB · Views: 331
  • cpuz1.png
    cpuz1.png
    46.3 KB · Views: 349
  • cpuz2.png
    cpuz2.png
    49.1 KB · Views: 336
  • cpuz3.png
    cpuz3.png
    49.1 KB · Views: 358
  • cpuz4.png
    cpuz4.png
    49.1 KB · Views: 315
  • cpuz5.png
    cpuz5.png
    49.1 KB · Views: 332
As I said, I am not the expert, but I will try.

The bootlog text file does not seem to help. If a device were causing a blue screen, the log would end immediately, so the last entry or near last entry might have caused a problem.

Since your dump files seem to reference memory, I might start with getting some new memory to test. I would also keep in mind that page files written to the hard drive may be part of a memory corruption problem. Sorry I do not have the experience to check your CPU-Z postings.

You are using the same processor and motherboard. Have you checked for a bios update for the motherboard, or would you have any reason to suspect the Chip install might have been disturbed? Is the motherboard old enough that you might need a new CMOS battery?

The GeForce might be causing a problem, they can get hot. Have you been running the Nvidia utility to watch its temperatures?

Is there anything special about your new Hard drive, like SATA III or anything?

Have you tried reinstalling your old power supply?

Otherwise, check all your connections. If you removed the motherboard during the build, perhaps confirm the install for it.

Additionally as to what Elmer was hinting at above it's likely that your current memory configuration needs a slight tweaking.
It seems that on most boards when all memory slots are populated with 1333Mhz memory or higher you will often need a slight increase in voltage to augment the extra demands place on the memory controller.
Having experience something similar myself and having used this link to resolve it, you may want to either check you documentation for your Motherboard or perhaps their specific community support forum for proper instructions. As I am not familiar with your particular board I can't really help except to say that it usually only takes a bump to the next higher integral in your BIOS under memory or DRAM voltage. I wish I could be more specific.
Regards
Randy

ok i'll try turning up my dram voltage here are two more crash dumps...from yesterday. my bluescreens aren't exactly re-occurring. pretty random at best. some times ill go a day or two without one. then BAM three or so in a day

Attachments

• 082511-19749-01.dmp
    256 KB · Views: 256
  • 082511-26254-01.dmp
    256 KB · Views: 251
Hi,

Your memory being Crucial Balistix Ddr3 1600 can you up your ddr voltage 1.65V and see how it goes. If after that you still get bsod's or freezes can you set you command rate to 2.

HTH

Rich

well for that last couple days i've ran memtest on all 4 of my RAM sticks. and had 2 of them test bad. i hope this was all the issue was and i won't have anymore. i just wanted to give you all an update and say thanks for taking the time to help me. and give me some advice. i'll be back to let you guys know if i have anymore BSOD's. i remembered when i ran it last and it passed with all 4 sticks. but it was different memory....

Back