Windows 7 I need to boot into my Windows 7 partition, but I cannot.

czarjosh

I normally run Windows 7. Today I decided to try out Windows 8 as well. I went into Disk manager and created a partition. I then booted off of my Windows 8 DVD and installed it on that partition. Now, my computer is only booting into Windows 8. What I really want is an option to choose which OS to boot into, but I would really like to be able to get back to Windows 7. dm.png

If you installed to the new partition (and didn't accidentally overwrite windows 7) the setup should have created you a boot menu at run time and from your image it looks like it should be ok. You can edit the boot options using easybcd from the link below (look carefully to select the free download for personal use):

EasyBCD - Take control of your boot loader | NeoSmart Technologies

When you install 8 after 7, is normally uses the Windows 8 boot menu, which is different from Windows 7. Do you get the page with the different options, or does it just go directly to Windows 8? If I remember correctly, you may have to select another OS from the menu, if you get one, and it will reboot the system into Windows 7.

But Pat's suggestion might get the system back so it will use the Windows 7 boot menu.

If you get a chance, could you open and Administrative command prompt and type bcdedit. Then take a snipping tool picture so we can see what entries are shown. Attach using the paperclip on the advanced replies.

Hi

When I installed Windows 8 it didn't create a boot menu either, and it still sometimes decides to just boot into W8 with out a start menu.

I used EasyBCD to add Windows 7 to the start menu.

You should be able to tap the f8 key and force it to go to a boot menu if you need to.

EasyBCD - CNET Download.com

Mike

Back
Top Bottom