Windows 7 I want to install Windows 7

Hambone

At what point do I copy download onto DVD to install windows 7. I need a copy of windows 7 to download, correct? I initially downloaded directly into a file and then tried to copy it onto a DVD to no avail. Then I tried to download on the DVD at the initial download to no avail.

is the file an .iso file?

You should download an ISO file which is an image of the dvd. It will end in .iso - you then have to burn the iso back to dvd using software such as Link Removed - Invalid URL <<< that one, nero, magicISO, ultraISO or most other software which has ISO in the title :)

You can then boot the computer from the DVD and install, or run the DVD from within windows

kingskin is correct.

I prefer:

ImgBurn

Please try to perform a "clean" install, not the upgrade route as this can cause conflicts.

You'll need to copy all your import documents, pictures, video, music, etc to a flash drive or external USB drive if you have one.

You will however,m need to re-install all your 3rd party software

Nice car :) Just did an upgrade from windows 7100 RC too 7127 and so far all is working :D
Found b4 when I did a clean install I run into problems with 7127 this time it worked fine .
Life is strange :rolleyes:Link Removed due to 404 Error

But the clean install is the best way . I am just in a wierd situation ?

Last edited:
Any significant changes whoosh?

Your picture........There's a You Tube video on that also:D

The teacher showed us that is class a while back.

Well I did say a while back I had trouble with win7 7127 but with the upgrade it all went great very solid and stable so far no probs at all . Strange because I tried the fresh install b4 and run into issues .
Only thing I did a fresh torrent download so it may be a better torrent of 7127 ?
Link Removed due to 404 Error

That may be the answer the fact my first torrent was in some way not quite the full ticket and the new one is :rolleyes:
So maybe not the method I used to install the OS but the fact I got the good torrent :D

is the file an .iso file?

You should download an ISO file which is an image of the dvd. It will end in .iso - you then have to burn the iso back to dvd using software such as Free Create-Burn ISO: data CD DVD burning software, create ISO image, burn ISO image, burn data CD, DVD. <<< that one, nero, magicISO, ultraISO or most other software which has ISO in the title :)

You can then boot the computer from the DVD and install, or run the DVD from within windows

I have my C: drive partitioned. Will I be given the option to install windows 7 in the 2nd partition separate from my windows vista. I don't want to overwrite my Vista OS? Is it even possible to install on an external HD? I have 77 GB on my partitioned C: drive where I want to install.

Go to Start > Run, and type diskmgmt.msc

No let me know how many partitions you have, what letters are assigned to each and which partition is marked as the Boot partition.

Go to Start > Run, and type diskmgmt.msc

No let me know how many partitions you have, what letters are assigned to each and which partition is marked as the Boot partition.

2 on my internal hd and 2 on my external hd.
C: and D: with D; as boot internal hd and

F: and G: are my external hd

Yes, when you start the installation process, you'll be presented with a screen display the various partitions.

Select C: and you should be good to go.

Before you insall I'd suggest you download this boot modifyer incase you have any issues with dual-booting:

[URL=\"http://neosmart.net/dl.php?id=1\"]EasyBCD 1.7.2[/URL]

I installed windows 7 on the extended C drive with the 78 GB. All went well so far. when I reboot i am given the option either windows 7 or windows vista. All my updates were successfully updated. I have windows version 7100. I see others with different numbers. Any idea?

Glad all worked well:)

Forget the newer leaked builds that are from the torrent sites, stick with the official RC.

Glad all worked well:)

Forget the newer leaked builds that are from the torrent sites, stick with the official RC.

And I assume that is the one I have - 7100? So far I love it. Only incompatible software I had is my TuneUp Utilities 2009. No problems with Windows Live Mail as I was initially informed. McAfee probably works also, but AVG is cool.

I agree forget the leaked builds :)
Only prob I have I canna got to get them just to see what is out there . Is the grass greener ? Do I still love Lucy ?
Whats the scene in Peyton Place- ever comeing back ?

I agree forget the leaked builds :)
Only prob I have I canna got to get them just to see what is out there . Is the grass greener ? Do I still love Lucy ?
Whats the scene in Peyton Place- ever comeing back ?

Has anyone had problems downloading Adobe Reader being it requires your OS. Windows 7 is not an option

Has anyone had problems downloading Adobe Reader being it requires your OS. Windows 7 is not an option

There are or should be no problems getting Adobe reader to work .
Use vista as the OS when you come to download it . I am running Adobe reader and no problems just ensure you choose vista as the OS .
Good luck and enjoy your stay on this forum :D

And I assume that is the one I have - 7100? So far I love it. Only incompatible software I had is my TuneUp Utilities 2009. No problems with Windows Live Mail as I was initially informed. McAfee probably works also, but AVG is cool.

Yes, that's correct.

Please don not run any type of system optimization program as you'll get disastrous results if you fix the 1,000's of errors that claim to find.

No offense whoosh, but I prefer Foxit Reader 3.0 for Windows

Adobe seems like bloatware to me.;)

Back