VIDEO I watercooled an NVME SSD... These results were unexpected!

I watercooled an NVME SSD... These results were unexpected! In an intriguing video titled "I watercooled an NVME SSD... These results were unexpected!" by JayzTwoCents, the process and results of watercooling an NVME SSD are meticulously explored. This video offers valuable insights especially for Windows users and tech enthusiasts interested in optimizing their storage performance. Key Insights: 1. Watercooling Concept: The video delves into the concept of watercooling, typically associated with CPUs and GPUs, being applied to NVME SSDs. Jay demonstrates the setup process, showing both the installation and the cooling benefits. 2. Unexpected Results: One of the highlights of the video is the unexpected outcomes after watercooling the SSD. Unlike standard expectations, the temperature drops observed were not as dramatic as anticipated. This highlights that while watercooling is effective on many components, SSDs might have different thermal dynamics. 3. Temperature Monitoring: Throughout the process, Jay emphasizes the importance of monitoring temperatures, explaining how SSDs can throttle when they reach certain heat levels. This is crucial for Windows users who push their systems during heavy tasks like gaming or large data transfers. 4. Implications for Performance: The findings raise questions about whether NVME SSDs benefit significantly from watercooling compared to traditional air cooling setups. For enthusiasts, this could alter decisions regarding system builds and upgrades. 5. Product Recommendations: Jay also discusses various cooling products, including options from brands like Corsair and Samsung, which are relevant for potential upgrades and cooling solutions. Conclusion: The video not only informs viewers about current cooling trends but also serves as a discussion starter for those considering custom builds. For Windows users, ensuring optimal performance without unnecessary over-spending on cooling solutions is critical. While watercooling may not yield substantial benefits for NVME SSDs, this exploration contributes to a better understanding of storage performance optimization. This video is a must-watch for anyone interested in enhancing system performance, particularly in the realm of storage solutions. You can check out the video here.