Windows 7 Icons slow to load in Start/Taskbar - Reghack does not work

snadge

PLEASE READ - (I say this because on other forums people are replying to the title with hack that ive tried and does not work)

a few weeks ago I noticed that Icons were refreshing quite often and always after installing something and when they did the were very slow

so anyway I searched for answers and come across the MaxCachedIcons DWORD 2048 fix on another forum , I tried this to no avail - (also it doesnt tell you if its a HEXIDECIMAL or DECIMAL option your supposed to on it :down: ) - I tried both to no avail , I then read that the above hack does NOT work on windows 7 and that you have to actually put spaces like so "Max Cached Icons" and actually create a new STRING Value and not DWORD... anyway I tried this also (after removing last attempt) and im sure it made it worse??? - so ive deleted it and now im left with icons that are slow to load in START MENU, TASKBAR, ALL PROGRAMS, ADMIN TOOLS> - its freaking annoying as I already have a problem with win7 on this laptop (high DPC usage that cant be fixed)

cany anyone help me with this?
can I reset the icon cache and apply a REAL fix?

thanks

Back
Top Bottom