Windows 7 Icons

iflog

Honorable Member
I downloaded a sound editing program called WavePad and it changed all my desktop icons to a generic form. How do I change them back to original?

After a closer look, it doesn't look like it changed the icons but placed a generic one over the top of the original. I can still see parts of the original icon behind the new one.

I guess I must have stumped everyone on this. I recently did a system restore to the point of before I installed WavePad. The program is gone but the icons are still changed. Anyone???????????? Here is a picture of one of my icons. As you can see the original Firefox icon is still there just underneath the generic one.

Link Removed due to 404 Error

I guess I must have stumped everyone on this. I recently did a system restore to the point of before I installed WavePad. The program is gone but the icons are still changed. Anyone???????????? Here is a picture of one of my icons. As you can see the original Firefox icon is still there just underneath the generic one.

Link Removed due to 404 Error
Yo

You should be able to fix this by creating a new account and copying everything from c:\Users\Current Account to c:\Users\New Account. This will rebuild your icon cache when you log on to the new account.

Back
Top Bottom