IDM problem

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Software' started by gangchen21, Nov 28, 2010.

1. gangchen21

gangchen21 New Member

I use idm from many years was working fine but from yesterday i didnot know what i modified but it downloads only a part of youtube videos and if i see the who vdo then it download in many parts otherwise if i download a song of 5 min then it download only 1 mb or some kbs.

Where is the problem

2. Mitchell_A

Mitchell_A Excellent Member

Hello,

The simplest thing to do would probably be to "Restore Defaults" (or something similar) in the programs options.
    If that doesn't work, you could reinstall the app, and check to make sure required firewall exceptions and open ports are available.

In the past I have used several different download managers, and have found FDM to be the best:
    Free Download Manager - absolutely free download accelerator and manager

3. gangchen21

gangchen21 New Member

i re install and even system restore but the problem is same it download 1 song of 6mb in 26 flv files from youtube. i think is there any problem in youtube ealier was working fine.

4. Mike

Mike Windows Forum Admin
    Staff Member Premium Supporter

Hi gangchen,

We don't know what version you're using but maybe you should try a non-beta one. We don't know what browser you're using. We don't know a lot. We do know IDM has nothing to do with Windows 7 and this was posted in the wrong forum. However, I'd suggest you take up Mitchell's advice and find a program that works. Its possible YouTube changed their internal code to prevent people from leeching videos and your program couldn't compensate. Whether or not downloading videos off YouTube en-masse violates their terms is something you have to sort out. Its certainly not something we can support or even fix on our end.

5. Mitchell_A

Mitchell_A Excellent Member

If you only use IDM to download Youtube content, may I suggest using "Youtube Downloader"
    Which allows you to downlaod and convert videos from Youtube, even in HD.

www.youtubedownload.altervista.org

6. gangchen21

gangchen21 New Member

Thanks for the reply i am using 5.01 version and was fine 5 days ago but now not working with the same version but my brother is also using the same in his vista laptop but it still works fine but i am using win 7 so i posted here.

Thanks

7. gangchen21

gangchen21 New Member

Finally i fix up the problem it was all because of the internet cookies,history and cache files so i deleted all the history and file and now it is working fine so finallyyyyyy....