Windows 7 IE9 not saving history

RedDragonTattoo

Hi all

I have IE9 installed on a Windows 7 64-bit PC.
I have two current problems: I am unable to get IE9 to save browsing history (it only shows pages from within My Computer), and each morning when I start IE9 I have to change the settings for the new tab setting as it always defaults to blank page. Both of these features worked in the past when IE9 was first installed.
I have searched many forums including this one and support sites but none of the suggestions have worked. I have tried resizing the disk space and changing the number of days to keep history. I know my way around the PC but I'm not very confident about the more complicated stuff like registries and such.
I'd be very grateful if anybody could help me. If anyone needs any more information I'll do my best to provide it.

Thanks a lot
RDT

Hi RedDragonTattoo,

Sorry to hear that you are facing such kind of problem...but solution is not soo far.

1. As you have mentioned (each morning when I start IE9 I have to change the settings for the new tab setting as it always defaults to blank page) Default setting of IE9 is that, it will open Blank Page when you hit the new tab if already working in IE9. So, what else you want if don't want to set it as Blank Page or what? Please clear me on this point.

2. Here is the settings you have to match for your IE9 then everything should come back to normal.

Temporary Internet Files and History Settings.jpg

I hope this should work with your issue. If not please let me know.

Hi
Firstly, thanks for responding to my problem.

1. What I mean about the tabs is this: if I open internet explorer opening a new tab always gives a blank page unless I go into internet options and select the 'new tab page' in the 'select how new tabs are displayed' option. This change does not get saved and next time IE9 starts it's back to blank pages again.

2. I changed my settings to what you showed (and to be honest I have done this before) and it did not change anything. I still have no history being saved other than addresses on my c: drive.

If you or anyone else have any other suggestions I would be happy to try them.
Cheers
RDT

I'm seeing the same thing with my Windows 7 64-bit version with IE9. I even unistalled IE9 and installed IE8 with no luck. I have two other computers not doing this. I have changed all the settings and anything else anyone has suggested without any luck. I hope someone can figure this out because it affects the color of the visited links (meaning they don't change color).

Hi
Firstly, thanks for responding to my problem.

1. What I mean about the tabs is this: if I open internet explorer opening a new tab always gives a blank page unless I go into internet options and select the 'new tab page' in the 'select how new tabs are displayed' option. This change does not get saved and next time IE9 starts it's back to blank pages again.

2. I changed my settings to what you showed (and to be honest I have done this before) and it did not change anything. I still have no history being saved other than addresses on my c: drive.

If you or anyone else have any other suggestions I would be happy to try them.
Cheers
RDT

Hi

My not very helpful solution is try using Google Chrome.
It really does work better then IE.

I always seem to have some issue with IE when I use it.
I've used Chrome for years and like the simple interface and speed it delivers once you get used to it.

Mike

(Wait while I check my history where I just posted it, so I can copy and paste it!) I just got it working today...

Click on Internet Options, Security, UNCLICK the 'danged' Enable Protected Mode. Close your browser and reopen a new one.

I had done this awhile ago, after spending hours and hours trying to figure it out. Then I recloned my hard drive the other day and had no more history to be found. I just had to remember the 'easy' fix. I run, as I guess most people do, several virus/malware programs, and basically feel they provide more protection anyway.

Hi

Glad you figured it out.

I'm changing my mind about Chrome too.
I've had a lot of problems with it lately. LOL

Mike

Back