Windows 7 ie9

wullthebull

downloaded IE9 the other day and could not find a menu bar in this so tried to uninstall and no uninstall , any suggestions on this please

Hello.
In the future, please take a moment to properly categorize your thread, as this section of the forum is for discussing Windows 7, thanks for your understanding :)

To remove Internet Explorer 9, rather than going to the standard Uninstall screen, go to Programs and Features and then click "View Installed Updates".
Find Internet Explorer in the list, right click and select Uninstall.

Hope this is what you were looking for. :)

**EDIT** I found this when looking for something totally irrelevant:
How to always show menu bar in IE 9
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/111483-internet-explorer-9-turn-menu-bar-always.html

Last edited:
Hehe, I think you'll find it hard to get a menu bar these days. Gone in Chrome, Firefox, Ie9 - is it still there in Opera?

Hehe, I think you'll find it hard to get a menu bar these days. Gone in Chrome, Firefox, Ie9 - is it still there in Opera?
Not gone if Firefox just hidden.
In IE 9 as the link above shows a simple registry hack brings it back to IE 9.

Chrome doesn't have a favorites sidebar either, bummer.

@Veegertx IE 9 is faster than Firefox

Below results of my testing with Sunspider benchmark.

Chrome browser-559.0 ms
Opera-704.0 ms
IE 9 (beta)-766.2 ms
Firefox 4.0b 6 (beta)-1017.2 ms
Firefox 3.6.10 (stable)-1236.0 ms
IE 8 over 7000.0 ms !

The lower the numbers the better.

SunSpider JavaScript Benchmark

IE 9 (beta)-314.6ms +/- 5.1%
Firefox 3.6.10 (stable)-669.0ms +/- 1.8%
Course the rest of those probably be faster also on 64 bit Quad core

You have to right click the IE9 bar also to show

Last edited:
I tried out IE9 but I didn't like what they did to the favorites section, I'm very happy with IE8 and I coudn't wait to go back to IE8. I couldn't find IE9 in the program list to uninstall it, so I did a system restore to a time before I installed IE9 and brought back IE8.

I hope we don't get forced into using IE9 because I just don't like it at all.

I tried out IE9 but I didn't like what they did to the favorites section, I'm very happy with IE8 and I coudn't wait to go back to IE8. I couldn't find IE9 in the program list to uninstall it, so I did a system restore to a time before I installed IE9 and brought back IE8.

I hope we don't get forced into using IE9 because I just don't like it at all.
It's there in add\remove programs you just have to click "view installed updates" to see it.

In case I didn't like it myself I prepared an image before installing IE 9 beta.

My initial experience was a dismal failure with frequent crashes.

I finally pinned down the problem to the realtime protection provided by a Spybot Search & Destroy plugin.

Turning off (disabling) the plugin fixed it.

The plug in was somewhat redundant since I have Javacool's SpywareBlasters host file protection as well as running
IE 9 in a sandbox (Sandboxie).

I like IE 9 especially since I found out how to get the menubar back.

It's faster than IE 8 by a mile and even faster than Firefox (at least by my tests).
Chrome and Opera are faster but I suspect the final release will close the gap somewhat.

Having said all that my favorite (read default) browser is Firefox 3.6.10 to be replaced by FF 4 when it goes gold in all likelihood.

BTW I don't see MS forcing us to switch to IE 9 at least in Win 7.

Maybe the next version of Windows but by then there will probably be a new version of IE.

Last edited:
Back