Windows 7 Il2 1946

neilesmith

This game takes 8 times longer to load in 7 than it did in Vista why?
However there is an up side in that it will run without the disc in the drive which it wouldn't before.

Is it copying the whole disk to your hard drive before it runs? Something strange is going on... it needed the disk under Vista.

It takes just as long to load if the disc is in the drive or not.Obviously it suits me not to have to go looking for the disc every time I want to play but it's a bit weird all the same!

WOW! there's some great stuff in your blog.
I now have indexing turned off, don't notice any improvement though.
Am now cosidering a format and clean install, some of my problems are not mentioned by anyone else so may be peculiar to my setup.
One more thing if I may :This will ENABLE the 20% bandwidth that the system reserves for itself.
Click Start and type and enter "gpedit.msc"
This opens the group policy editor.
Or in my case says "no items match your search"
All the other tips I tried worked why not this one?
Thanks for being so generous with you knowledge.

WOW! there's some great stuff in your blog.

Thanks... it has been quite a task. I have tested just about everything that was included.

I now have indexing turned off, don't notice any improvement though.

Must be something else.

Am now cosidering a format and clean install, some of my problems are not mentioned by anyone else so may be peculiar to my setup.

That is a very good idea. I did an upgrade from Vista once and realized it was a mess.... old drivers were used and there were over 1,000 duplicate files. When I tried to clean up the dupe finder had no idea which files were the ones that were needed.... and I was left dead in the water till I ran SFC to get critical system files back.

One more thing if I may :This will ENABLE the 20% bandwidth that the system reserves for itself.
Click Start and type and enter "gpedit.msc"
This opens the group policy editor.
Or in my case says "no items match your search"
All the other tips I tried worked why not this one?
Thanks for being so generous with you knowledge.

Welcome.. all those blogs up to the last few are in one document on my website win7secrets.com
it makes it easier to find something when it's all on one page.... although the blog search probably works ok too.

I click "Start" and type gpedit.msc and it show up at the top of the Startup menu and runs when I press enter.

It's located in the Windows\system32 folder If you don't have it you probably need the clean install.

No it's not in system32 so here goes with that clean install.
Guess it will be some time before I am back online so thanks again I have learned a lot.

Back