Windows 7 I'm Furious

Firecracker

Banned
I'm Furious as to why Game company's like EA and Activision are allowed to release Game patches that are 2.5GB every month and force us to download them. I dunno why this BFBC2 patch is huuuuge when it contains half a dozen patches. It doesn't help with Australia having the rubishest internet in the world and takes the government 10 years to fix it. Australian cable and ADSL get up-to 24Kbit/s I have downloaded the Patch 4 times and everytime it drops out at 1.5GB with it saying that it loses connection to the server. Everything is fine computer works, Internet connection is fine, Firewalls not having any effect. I Just want to start resume the download from it left off:mad: I don't want to start the download all over again to find out it will do it again!

Otherwise I'm just going to toss the game and the computer out:mad: I'm Just fed up with Problems after another:mad:

Been to EA phone support and they just told be to go away and to suck it up. Others on the forum are rude as hell and don't want to hear my problem or even be bothered to help. So I came back here.

Been to EA phone support and they just told be to go away and to suck it up. Others on the forum are rude as hell and don't want to hear my problem or even be bothered to help. So I came back here.

Same with Steam, they set the rules you have to comply with. Their final word is want to use their systems get a good internet connection because their patches are vital.

With EA games navigate to the game's folder and rename the updater file to .old.

Same with Steam, they set the rules you have to comply with. Their final word is want to use their systems get a good internet connection because their patches are vital.

With EA games navigate to the game's folder and rename the updater file to .old.

What does that accomplish by renaming the file. I have got into the install info file (where it checks to see if the game is updated and changed the XML code to what the latest update version is) So now I can get into the sigleplayer game, But I can't Join a server or if I do I get kicked saying I have an old version and need to update. Steam is a little different. The updates are small, and if something happens they just pick up from the last point. It doesn't work like that when dowloading .zip files from the webiste. The inbuilt updater for the game just fails after 2Mb everytime saying what is say when you do it from their site.

But I can't Join a server or if I do I get kicked saying I have an old version and need to update.

With multiplayers you'll have to get the updates, no other way.

Steam is a little different. The updates are small, and if something happens they just pick up from the last point.

Yea, it's much better but still I hear people complain about having to wait on slow connections.

With multiplayers you'll have to get the updates, no other way.
That's what I'm trying to do, is get the update but it fails either way :(

cybercore;Yea said:
I Don't really care about how fast the connection is or how long it is going to take, it is the fastest I can get, I just want to resume the download on IE9 from where it dropped :(

and if I don't start getting some help I'll be going elsewhere to find it! Because I'am kinda in a hurry for the 29th. It has nothing to do with the Connection because I just got a Teamfortess 2 update and the BF2 1.50 update.

Found you can finnish it through uTorrent but when I drag it into utorrent I get an error: "Unable to load Not enough storage to Proccess this cammand. !" the disk has 50% free of 250GB:mad:

I would just suck it up and set the update to download at night while I'm sleeping. There isn't much you can do if you need to have the update to play the game. Look at the bright side, It's not like you have to use an old dial up connection to get the update and suffer the equivalent of a dodgy internet fax speed.

EDIT: Wait 2GB?!?!? All the patches out there on the torrents are ~256mb?! Do a google search for "BFBC2 torrent" and you'll see what I mean?

If you're not loading a proper torrent into microTorrent it will give you that "not enough space to complete" error because your not giving it a real command file. Let us know if you need more help with it?

Last edited:
Yeh dude, EA huh? What happened there?

I have to agree its a bit of a pain. Its a fairly big update.

Sounds like you should come over to ArmA 2. A nice dose of realism, great SP missions user made and otherwise and really enjoyable MP, again user made and otherwise.

Mods out the wazoo. Everything from complete game overhauls to sound and effects. All quality.

It also has a great editor so you can make your own missions.

BIS look after their community, updates are frequent and will only stop when the game is completely flawless.

regards,
Sad little fanboi....lol

After it failed I just ran it through utorrent, to finnish the remaining download. But I got all that mighy CoD:BO update, So I just took it to the computer store where I work and downloaded it all there on a 1Gig connection. took like 4 hours to do all my games :)

Back