Windows 7 Import Mail from Outlook to Live Mail

Monguse

According to the Live mail help it is possable to import your mail from Outlook 2007 to Windows Live Mail, it tell you the sptes and to select the progem from whil to import from. When I tried that I found there is no option listed to import from Outlook only from outlook Exp ver 6, Windows Mail (vista) and Windows Live Mail.. I tried all the ones listed and the best it did was create a Storage Folder with no messages of any kind in it (which i cannot now delete.) So is there really a way to import the mail from Outlook 2007 to Live Mail ?

I'm not really happy the Windows mail used in Vista was removed at least the rules all worked right while so far the rules in outlook and live are less than steller IMO... but I'd like to at least get my mail imports so I don't have to have 2 progrmas installed on my computer.:confused:

Useless Then

Well if Microrsoft cannot even make their own software import mail form one of their own programs the as far as I'm concerend it makes the live mail useless and it will be uninstalled from my system in that case.. funny thig though is the live mail help says it can import mail from outlook 2007.. just another lie???

Assuming you have both mail programs installed, and working on the same PC, you would normally be able to select, under File, Import, Messages, the option of Microsoft Outlook.?
I do not use Outlook, but have it installed (2007)
This is what I see:

Link Removed due to 404 Error

Last edited:
According to the Live mail help it is possable to import your mail from Outlook 2007 to Windows Live Mail, it tell you the sptes and to select the progem from whil to import from. When I tried that I found there is no option listed to import from Outlook only from outlook Exp ver 6, Windows Mail (vista) and Windows Live Mail.. I tried all the ones listed and the best it did was create a Storage Folder with no messages of any kind in it (which i cannot now delete.) So is there really a way to import the mail from Outlook 2007 to Live Mail ?

I'm not really happy the Windows mail used in Vista was removed at least the rules all worked right while so far the rules in outlook and live are less than steller IMO... but I'd like to at least get my mail imports so I don't have to have 2 progrmas installed on my computer.:confused:

If you UPGRADE then Live email will find the settings and everything will be imported... however when I tried a clean/custom install I could not find a simple way to import my settings and old email. I still had my old drive so I simply booted to it and started shooting important email to my gmail account. Now I have access to my important emails from anywhere in the world... except North Korea where there are only like maybe 5 Internet connections. I'm not scheduled to go to North Korea anytime soon.

I suppose in every problem there lies a hidden opportunity.

Back