impossible to import contacts in Outlook 2010

hi,

so i installed Office 2010 BETA. When i try to connect to the .pst folder, this is possible for everything except the .pst file, saved from Outlook 2007.

When i click adress book i get: contacts-jeff@.... but i never made that ......

The machine works for over an hour.......and when it stopped, nothing is imported.

Before this : file > open >open outlook data file, search for the pst file, attach it, still nothing in the adress book, however clicking contacts on the left under and i see the folder with my contacts, only i get some 50 times the same name, then the second.......and so on.

Any ideas to fix this would be welcome.

thanks

H

Saltgrass

Excellent Member
Microsoft Community Contributor
So, you exported the .pst file from Outlook 2007 (backup.pst) then tried to import it into Outlook 2010? Did you get an error message?

no, it just finishes

well no Saltgrass, it just finishes but nothing in the address book.

i must mention, my Office 2007 is in Dutch, so maybe that gives a problem. On the other hand my Win 7 is in English, changed the language , otherwise when i get some answers it is not that easy to follow the steps given in english.

i can hardly change the language in Office to english, then export, then import. One never knows if this works properly.

thanks

H

Saltgrass

Excellent Member
Microsoft Community Contributor
You might want to copy the file directly into the new location. You can find the locations by open Outlook and check the file management or something, I don't currently have outlook available. This will overwrite the old one, of course.

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.