Windows 7 Improper Icons Display

fantab

My PC got "STUCK" and I had to manually shut down (by switching off Power). It restarted all right and my PC apparently works fine. However, since the mentioned event, the ICONS on my Desktop are not displayed properly, never the less the icons are functional.

Also, some file icons are not properly displayed in the windows explorer.

(If you feel the info I've provided is insufficient then please let me know and help me furnish my problem in detail)

Capture.PNG

Are all the icons affected and in what sense are they not displaying "properly"?

Are all the icons affected and in what sense are they not displaying "properly"?

No, not all icons only Short-Cuts. More specifically, I think its the short cut arrow which is causing the shortcut icons to not display correctly. I have used Ulitmate Windows Tweaker [UWT] to remove the shortcut arrows. But since the forced restart yesterday there is a problem with display of shortcut icons. I have tried to use the UWT but its not helping.

I am using Win 7 ultimate X86. Earlier I had used Tuneup Utilities to do the same and never had any problems. I have uninstalled UWT and reinstalled Tuneup utilities but the problem persists.

I hope I have been clear in my description.

A screen shot of what you are talking about would be nice

Okay...

withoutarrow.PNGThis is the Large Icon View without the Shortcutarrow [I have removed the Shortcut Arrow].

Capture.PNG This is the Small Icon View without Shortcutarrow and this is how I use my shortcuts.

shorcutarrow.PNGThis is the Small Icon View with Shortcutarrow.

I hope this makes the issue clear. I want to use my shortcut icons without the shortcut arrow.

There is a utility - fxvisor32 which will remove the link arrow overlays - is this what you need to do:

Link Removed due to 404 Error

Back