Windows 7 inconsistent BSOD

boateye

Hello Windows seven forums!

i recently had to wipe and reinstall my version of windows seven RC 7100. the preoblem was thatmy computer would freeze if it went idle for more than 30 minutes. and when it did freeze it was a strange freeze where i could cose programs, but i couldnt open any then windows would not respond. at all.

i wiped and reinstalled my W7 and my computer has been running perfectly! better than ever! except for one problem.

like the title says, my computer will BSOD inconsistently. EX: i will leave my computer on to run a thorough virus scan overnight. when i come back the following morning it may show a scan complete or it may be at the log in screen and when i log in i get a message like this:

Windows said:
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7100.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 7a
BCP1: FFFFF6FC40007358
BCP2: FFFFFFFFC0000185
BCP3: 000000004A30D860
BCP4: FFFFF88000E6B910
OS Version: 6_1_7100
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\092109-22682-01.dmp
C:\Users\80473y3\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-12939799-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
Windows 7 Privacy Highlights - Microsoft Windows

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

my computer will also BSOD when im using it.

i was making a video in Counter-Strike:source and then my computer BSOD'd. '

thing is, my computer runs FLAWLESSLY. the ONLY thing it does is BSOD.

any advice?

1.) run hard drive diags

2.) run memory diags

3.) make sure all drivers are installed and up to date.

NOOB question alert!

how do i do #1 & 2?

am i going to have to pay for a program like google is telling me?

Last edited:
hey boateye, this caught my eye as I am having BSOD problems too , check my thread on the main page! anyway you have this file

C:\Windows\Minidump\092109-22682-01.dmp

this is really helpful. Download&Install the Debugging Tools for Windows , the appropriate one for your windows version:

Link Removed due to 404 Error

After it's installed, open up WinDbg... go to file > symbols file path. cop and paste the following into it, then hit OK:
SRV*c:\symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols

go to file > save workspace . now go to file > open crash dump

browse to C:\Windows\Minidump, and open up 092109-22682-01.dmp

after you notice the debugger seems to have stopped, type !Analyze -v into the command line. this will analyze the file and do a bugcheck.

it should show whats going wrong with your computer, if you cant figure it out you should copy & paste it here so others can help you with it

hope this helps

ALSO, to test your memory google up memtest86+ .. its free , its an ISO you download. burn this to a CD then boot with it, it should run automatically

Last edited:
NO - do not pay for any progam promising to cure a BSOD. Whatever the app is, it will do nothing for you except take money.

I'll take a look at the dump files if you get them here. Copy the dumps out of c:\windows\minidump, zip them up & attach to your next post.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

ha. i d/l'ed the WinDbg program but i recently ran Ccleaner and it must have wiped the minidmp folder. the good thing is that since posting my computer hasn't crashed. ill post if i crashes again.

You may still be in luck.

Check for a full kernel dump --> c:\windows\memory.dmp

It's too big to upload -- 500mb -- 1500 mb

Remamber to always keep plenty of kernel dumps on hand just in case friends stop by some night!

jcgriff2

`

Back
Top Bottom