Windows 7 Indexing and Search is not fully functional

zyxtia

As the title says, I am having issued with the indexing. It will index many e-mails, but get stuck at some number (currently, that number is 7,329)

So i do "delete and rebuild index". the Indexing Options window freezes for a while, and then it unfreezes, with the status of "waiting to receive indexing status", and it stays like that.

So I restart my computer, and the indexing begins from zero... all is well and good until it gets to a certain point.

This was happening before, so i kept indexing less and less libraries, and by now, the only thing it would index was my e-mail. Then, it got stuck on my e-mail!

So what do I do? I want it to index my files, and my e-mail, but if i can't have both, let me at least have my e-mail indexed! I need it!

I have tried to see if it was corrupted data files, but that did nothing.
I did the registry change with the "setupcomplete" thing, but that did nothing.

The only other idea I had is that back when I had Windows 7 Release Candidate, the search worked flawlessly, so if I could get the dll files from the RC, i could try replacing my current ones, but I don't have an install for the RC. If anyone agrees with this as a possible solution, and could send me their srchadmin.dll file (if they have the RC), i would give it a try. My version is 7.0.7600.16385, and I believe the RC version (found from some web searches) is 7.00.7100.0. Maybe there is another file I need to replace too? OR SOMETHING BETTER THAN REPLACING .DLL's???
Honestly, I am out of ideas.

Here are the details of my computer:
Lenovo T61p
Type: B64-6457
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo T9300 @2.50 GHz
Ram: 3.00 GB
HDD: 160 GB

Software:
Outloow 2007 (12.0.6514.5000) SP2
Windows 7 Enterprise (i go to RPI, so they gave us images of the Enterprise edition as part of our laptop program. it is basically identical to ultimate, but with a special group licensing)

Thanks for your help!

Back
Top Bottom