Windows 7 Install BSOD

Acidbyrn

Having a little problem with installing Vista.

System spec
3.0 Wolfdale Dual Core
EVGA 132-CK-NF78-A1 (780i Tri-SLI Board)
Corsair 4g TWIN2X4096-6400C4DHX 4-4-4-12 timing
36gig WD Raptor 2 Segate Barricuda 750gig ST3750640AS
XIGMATEK MC NRP-MC751 750W ATX12V PSU
Input Voltage100 - 240 V Input Frequency Range47 - 63 Hz Input Current10A @ 115V, 5A @ 230V Output+3.3V@30A,+5V@28A,+12V1@18A,+12V2@18A,
+12V3@18A, +12V4@18A,[email protected],[email protected]
CPU is watercooled just a side note.

The problem is Vista BSOD right after copying files and extracting. System reboots and the vista load bar progresses like it is going to load the os to contine install but BSOD's and restarts system. Out of a need for a computer installed XP on 1 of the Seagate drives. It functions perfectly. Flashed mobo and graphics card bios for any updates. Checked bios settings which were WRONG! Timing and voltage were off for both proc and ram. Tried reinstall of vista, same as above BSOD. Ran memtest over 3 sweeps no errors. Next step will be to install with just one of the 2 gig sticks and perhaps a swap from the SATA CD to IDE. Any other tips or known issues i should look into?

Thanks in advance.

Apart from checking your bios is correct you seem to be doing all the right stuff...

Thanks for the quick reply Kemical. Another quick question, do you know of any issues with BFG 8800 GT OCs? I hear around here and there that they do cause issues under the install process and the Vista enviroment itself.

Not that I've heard of...I did a google concerning the 8800 GT and there seems to be some evidence of there being a bad batch of cards. If you have one it may be worth RMAing it back to the supplier?

kk once i get home from work i amd gonna try a few the things i spoke about earlier. Perhaps ill have some good news when i come back by here.

Yep ran memtest was the first thing i did. So at this point i am stumped. I have changed out everything but the Vidcard. Gonna check today if perhaps i have a bad Vista Disk. Ill keep ya informed.

Well turns out that it was a bad install disk. Used friends disk and worked like a charm. installed fully with all ram and graphics card hooked up. Funny how stuff works

Back