Windows 7 Install corrupt

barngrove

i am upgrading from vista to win 7. put the disk in started the process and now i have a nothing on screen. HDD activity light flashing but then turns computer off. never got to any windows screens to inout CD key or anything similar. what can i do to restart process.

Did you run Windows 7 Upgrade advisor before starting upgrade ?

~~~~~~~~~

I'm not sure of what's causing the problem here, but :

1. Your upgrade can stop due to some hardware/driver incompatibility issues.

2. The upgrade media must be appropriate for your vista edition,

vista home -> 7 home
vista business -> 7 professional
vista ultimate -> 7 ultimate

3. Of course both the upgrade media and the dvd drive must not be corrupted/broken

4. For best results, it is worth to reformat the system partition > clean install vista > activate it > do not install any software or drivers before doing the upgrade > upgrade. The idea is to have vista "healthy" before the upgrade, free of any incompatibilities like software, drivers, and modifications.

thanks for the reply

ran the upgarde advisor which advised no compatability issues. am going from vista home premium to win7 home premium.

dont thnk the media is corrupt or the DVD drive as it completed part of the tasks

i cant even get to the bios screen now to change the boot sequence or anything else.

are you able to offer other suggestions?

appreciate your time and effort

Are you upgrading from within Vista?

You should get a message for this, but are both versions the same bit (32 or 64)?

Did you burn the DVD?

If you boot to the Win 7 install DVD, you should see a "Windows is loading files" black screen with a white bar across the bottom.

Back
Top Bottom