Windows 7 Install "Freezes"

cynicselectant

My patience is on its last legs here, but basically what it boils down to is this:

I put my Windows 7 RC and load it on boot. I'm doing a clean install so i had assumed it would be easier, unfortunately it has not been so. After the "Press any key to boot from CD or DvD" screen i am met with the windows 7 setup screen but no dialog box appears. Now i tested it, and if i wait an hour and a half it will reach the setup box. The problem is that it fails to do anything after that, and i've tried everything:

-New discs
-New downloads
-Both 32 and 64 bit versions
-Unplugging every USB peripheral except my keyboard
-Waiting for the setup all night and still achieving nothing but the blue setup screen

I have tried Windows 7 and loved it, so you can see why i am so frustrated being stuck with Windows XP when there is obviously a better alternative.

SYSTEM SPECS:
AMD Athlon 64 Dual Core 6400+
2.0 gb ram
Nvidia 8800 gt
Windows XP SP3

P.S: I am using Verbatim DVD+R's to do all of my booting.

Welcome to windows7forums

Maybe you could try and install from USB. Its faster too. Have a read through this thread. Let me know if you need more help.

You got this install from Microsoft yeh?

When i tried to install using a usb i encountered a couple problems. With the steps provided i couldn't do it because my USB doesn't show up as a disk in the "disk list", so what i did was formatted it myself in "My Computer" then loaded the OS manually from my computer to the drive, but when i boot it said "Missing OS".

I have literally been at this for 2 weeks on and off and i'm turning into Mr.Hyde here lol

Basically what i'm saying is that if there is any way i can still use dvd's that would be preferred because i doubt i have the energy to figure out why my USB won't work as a boot device now haha.

Back