Windows 7 install from home to pro issues

acornruss

Looks like i posted this in the wrong section. This is a repost...hopefullyl in the right section.
I just bought 5 computers with windows7home and am trying to upgrade to pro. the seller sold me 7pro install disks rather than upgrades. when i install them, my screen resolution is stretched and the computer no longer sees any internet connections nor recognizes any communication devices. it loads windows directly without giving me a chance to go into the bios. it did store the home version in a .old format, but i cant find a way to uninstall pro.
what is happening and how do i fix it.

If you are going from one version of Windows 7 to another, you have to use the Windows Anytime upgrade, which will install while leaving your old install in place. You have to pay Microsoft the difference between one version and the upgrade version.

Otherwise, you have to do a clean install, which is what look like happened. But it seems you now have a full version, which can be a good thing in cases of problems requiring a reinstall.

I'm ok with the clean install. just need to figure out what happened to my screen format and my communications stuff. Computer is pretty useless as it stands.

Don't know for sure, but you may need to install a driver for your video and network adapter. If this is a new computer, Windows 7 may not have a good driver.

Also, settings might need to be updated. Once you get the video straightened out, we can work on the network. Did you get a CD with drivers for your system or will you have to download some?

Back
Top Bottom