Windows 7 Install problem

KingJosh

Hi, I ran the windows upgrade adviser and it told me I could install windows 7 fine, when Windows 7 officially came out I downloaded it from my preorder email I received, no problems so far. As I went to install I got an error mentioning I was not using an ACPI compatible computer. I also have a problem that I beleive is related to this as when I power down my computer (windows xp at moment) it comes up with the message "now safe to turn off your computer".

I have been told this is related to ACPI also, when I check my BIOS it says ACPI support "ENABLED" which confuses me as my BIOS picks it up but not anything else on my computer, I tried to reinstall Windows and pressed f5 at the first screen to choose a type of hardware apparently it should say in the list ACPI multiprocesser which is what I need but alls it says is Standard computer then some number next to it, nothing else.

I am confused and also very annoyed as I have payed the money to use Windows 7 and the Upgrade Adviser told me I would be fine..

My motherboard is a ASUS P5N-E SLI and I have upgraded to the latest upgrade for it, when i contact the motherboard/bios company they could not help me at all.

I have tried searching on the internet and as to yet no solution, any help? Thanks, Josh

It sounds like your download has become corrupted in some way.. Your system is easily capable of running 7 and I should imagine what's at fault is your copy of 7. Is it possible for you to either obtain another copy, preferabley disk or using your windows7 media burn an iso no faster than 4x and then try and re-install.

I purchased a Sony VAIO in Aug from Best Buy. I received my free upgrade for W7 the other day and tried to install last night. After a couple hours and several boots, it got to the las tasks, and came up with a light blue screen with a revolving circle in the middle and the message that the os had not installed successfully and that it was reverting back to my original OS, Vista. It said to make sure the computer was elligible for the upgrade. Of course it is. So what do I do now?

I purchased a Sony VAIO in Aug from Best Buy. I received my free upgrade for W7 the other day and tried to install last night. After a couple hours and several boots, it got to the las tasks, and came up with a light blue screen with a revolving circle in the middle and the message that the os had not installed successfully and that it was reverting back to my original OS, Vista. It said to make sure the computer was elligible for the upgrade. Of course it is. So what do I do now?

You could try running this compatibility asistant and see what it turns up?

Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor - Download - Microsoft Windows

Back