Windows 7 Installation cant find my harddrive

callez

Hey,

been trying to solve this through google quite some time now, but I cant seem to find a solution,

My SATA hdd is recognised in BIOS, but windows installer cant find it. Ive tríed to install drivers and whatnot, but it wont take them. Tried switching in BIOS to RAID and ACHI,, still wont work.. ´now I have BIOS set to optimal default settings.

Specs;
Gigabyte GA-p55-ud3
Hitachi deskstar 7k1000 1TB
xfx radeon 4890 HD
4gb Corsair

anyone got any ideas?

on my laptop i have a setting that allows you to set to compatability mode worth checking if you have one
just a thought
then i ibnstalled the ahci rebooted and switched back to sata and it worked did stall for about 1/2 min then carried on and booted and installed the drivers once desktop was reached hope this helps a bit

good luck

I solved it. My hdd didnt have any partitions... fixed it with Ultimate Bootable CD

Just simply formatting a SATA hard disk for Windows OS installation is not a complete solution. Need to delete the old volume/partition also, and then re-create a new volume / partition, in this process, you will be asked to format the volume again.

Do this at Disk Management. Select disk type Basic, file type NTFS for windows 7 / vista. Remember to set Disk to Active.

SATA hard disk should be formatted as a Boot / Data hard disk drive.

Just simply formatting a SATA hard disk for Windows OS installation is not a complete solution. Need to delete the old volume/partition also, and then re-create a new volume / partition, in this process, you will be asked to format the volume again.

Do this at Disk Management. Select disk type Basic, file type NTFS for windows 7 / vista. Remember to set Disk to Active.

SATA hard disk should be formatted as a Boot / Data hard disk drive.

really you do it your way i will do it mine lol worked for me

Back
Top Bottom