Windows 7 Installation error causing loop.

midd

Hey guys new to the forum as im totally out of ideas on how to get this issue resolved.

At this point id like to make note that i did not back up my files as i was going for a full installing, fresh start as you would have it.
Im upgrading my Vista 64 bit to windows 7, i get through most of the process when i come to the final stage, "Completing installation" At this point half of my screen goes black and the computer freezes. I give the computer 1 hour and 15 minutes to catch up with its self in hope the issue resloves itself but unfortunetly it stays the same, in hope of re-starting the installation process again or that it would have had time to finish, i switch off the computer and start to reload up windows.

It starts up in windows 7 fashion with the new logo then i get this error.

"the computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an error. Windows installlation cannot proceed.to install windows click OK to restart the computer, and then restart the installation."

This is where the loop kicks in every time i restart the computer this error kicks up and i have no other option but to restart the computer again.

I was hoping someone had a similar issue or might know of a quick solotuion to get around this issue.

Thanks for taking the time to look at this.

No need with the replies, rebooting vista software and reinstalling it atm so it should sort out the problem.

Back