Windows Vista Installation Problem

bharathi1988

We are using a setup.exe which launches a process. The fresh install using the setup.exe works properly. When we try to do the update from "Programs and Features", the process(for eg like notepad) is started from the setup and it keeps on running. When we try to run the update second time it does not allow us and displays error as follows "Please wait until the current program is finished uninstalling or being changed" as the notepad.exe launched by the previous install is still running. When we manually kill the launched process, the issue is resolved. Can the process be launched such that it is not dependent on the running install? Please let me know your ideas to fix this issue

Hi,

please list computer spec.
What your actually trying to do and also please list software your using.

We are using a setup.exe which launches a process. The fresh install using the setup.exe works properly. When we try to do the update from "Programs and Features", the process(for eg like notepad) is started from the setup and it keeps on running. When we try to run the update second time it does not allow us and displays error as follows "Please wait until the current program is finished uninstalling or being changed" as the notepad.exe launched by the previous install is still running. When we manually kill the launched process, the issue is resolved. Can the process be launched such that it is not dependent on the running install? Please let me know your ideas to fix this issue

Hi! I take it that you don't want to run "Notepad" while updating? Then it may be a file association problem. Link Removed due to 404 Error (You'll need to get Vista File Association Fixes, don't use the XP listed) Any further problems you might check this out: Unable To Install Latest Version of Program on Vista - Vista Forums

Back
Top Bottom