Windows 7 Installation Problem

CryptoFreak

Okay When I try to install Windows 7 either from a virtual machine or directly booting it normally I get cannot find a particular file. I do not remember the exact message but it goes something like this,,,"cannot find install image(install.wim) because it does not exist" but the file does exist I checked the iso and a burned disc and the file is there.

are you running the installer from the iso or from a dvd when your installing it on vmware?

try running it directly from the iso by altering the path for the cd in settings.

are you running the installer from the iso or from a dvd when your installing it on vmware?

try running it directly from the iso by altering the path for the cd in settings.

I tried running it in vmware straight from the iso. I did not want to burn it to dvd just to find out it wont install. I am using the Vista x64 profile in vmware...maybe I should use longhorn x64 which is experimental. I have done that with windows server 2008 and it works fine. Maybe Windows 7 does not like running in a virtual machine as a Vista x64 profile.

Back