Windows 7 Installation problem

oloov

Hey, I have problem installing Windows 7.
Installation stops at 2-3% and i get error: wrong volume is in the drive insert RGC1CULXFREK_EN_DVD.
When i pres retry i get different error every time, like: 0x8007003 or 0x80070022, when I pres continue installation stops.
I have downloaded Windows 7 from Microsoft website, and i tried 32 bit and 64 bit.To burn ISO image i used Active@Iso Burner and MagicISO, every time at lowest speeds.
I tried to install Windows 7 on different partition then my XP with about 60 GB free space.
Once i tried to do upgrade and install on the same partition as XP, with no luck, and I had to reinstall XP, because XP didn't wanted to start, so now i have fresh XP install. And i 99% sure that all drivers are up to date.

Any ideas how to fix this problem?

My hardware:
Mobo EVGA 750i FTW
CPU Core2Duo E7200
Corsair Dominator 4GB PC2-8500
EVGA GTS 250 SLI
Samsung DVD R\RW
Western Digital 250 GB

XP Home Edition 32 bit

Thank You

just give it a big miss mate, if installation doesnt work for you, no one around these parts knows jack shit about solutions to failed installations

+ 2 rep =-) Completely true and made me lol due to this forum having so many viewers, but nobody that knows anything about any problems...

none

Yep, you really fly solo. I just tried and tried again and finaly I got 32 bit to install. Now have problem with optical drive, playing on line, good I have dual boot with XP.

Not that it really matters now, but I had the issue you are describing among other installation failures with my Dell Inspiron 9300 and an older custom built desktop. After re-downloading RC1 3 times and burning it about 10 times (different speeds, different apps, etc.) I finally tried using a DVD +r instead of a -r and I had no more problems *shrug*

just give it a big miss mate, if installation doesnt work for you, no one around these parts knows jack shit about solutions to failed installations

I beg to differ... ;) There have been MANY problems (both related to installation and non-related) solved by countless members on this forum... If the person having the problem either can't or doesn't want to follow the person who is trying to help's advice then that's their own fault, NOT a member of this forum's.. :) There is such a thing as "Broken User".. ;)

Back
Top Bottom