Windows 10 Installation Problems

LawH

How can make a hard drive that allows me to install both 64-bit and 32-bit windows into any machine if I plug it into. I don't mean a USB stick, or external hard drive, I mean an actual hard drive. This is my only option right now.

I tried the media creation tool but it only allows me to use USB flash drives. I tried to install a 32 bit windows to the hard drive, but my 64-bit system won't allow it. I tried force installing it, but it still wouldn't allow me to install due to different BIOS types.

I just want to create a hard drive, that works like a USB stick, so I can plug it into my 32-bit computer, install windows, and be done with this.

You can always use 2 HDDs/SSDs (one version of Windows on each) if it's not possible to have both on the same disk.

But how do I get it on the disk? There's no option to put the windows boot on the hard drive, only on USB using the media creation tool, and the ISO file tries to install windows on the hard drive, but won't make it so that I can boot it from it.

I want to have a hard drive, that allows me to install any windows, or at least the 32-bit version of it, by plugging it into a pc.

I swear my IQ has taken a nosedive after spending a day on this, and I really just want this to be over with. So if you know how to do this, can you give me step by step instructions.

Last edited:
Same here. I was surprised at how complicated it was. I would have imagined that creating a partition on a disk, or in my case just using the entire disk to create a boot device would have been simple.

I downloaded Rufus but it didn't give me any options to work with unfortunately. I have Ubuntu on my other PC, and nothing works on it, so this has to happen one way or the other. If you happen to come across some information on this, please do let me know if you have the time.

I am not sure if RUFUS can make a bootable HDD.
Maybe this tutorial can help you:
Make a Bootable External Hard Drive and Install Windows 7/8 - Bootable USB
I have never tried to make a bootable HDD. I always use a USB drive or a DVD.

Rufus can, it's in advanced drive properties

1566509255306.png

I too have faced the same problem with my computer but it did not work even though after trying for many times. After that I have gone through this blog for some suggestion then my problem has been solved now I am using it smoothly.

Back