Windows 7 Installed/usable RAM memory?

starterz

When I check System Properties, it says Installed memory (RAM): 4GB (2.75GB usable). When I check Task Manager, it also shows me 2814MB Total physical memory. I am using Windows 7 RTM x86. How can I get all of my installed RAM working? I googled a bit, found out something about memory remaping option in BIOS, but I have no such option in the BIOS. I am using a Acer Aspire 5737Z laptop with a Geforce 9400m graphics card. Please, any help would be much appreciated.

When I check System Properties, it says Installed memory (RAM): 4GB (2.75GB usable). When I check Task Manager, it also shows me 2814MB Total physical memory. I am using Windows 7 RTM x86. How can I get all of my installed RAM working? I googled a bit, found out something about memory remaping option in BIOS, but I have no such option in the BIOS. I am using a Acer Aspire 5737Z laptop with a Geforce 9400m graphics card. Please, any help would be much appreciated.

How about shared memory for your video card, how much is that using, and the X86 or 32 bit windows 7 only can see 3 gig's of your memory if that helps you.

Last edited:
How about shared memory for your video card, how much is that using, and the X86 or 32 bit windows 7 only can see 3 gig's of your memory if that helps you.

That's normal in 32 bit Windows. I had exactly the same on my laptop that was delivered with 32 bit Windows. Just switch to 64 bit Windows and you'll see the 4 GB being available.

Back
Top Bottom