Windows 7 Installing Adobe fonts on Windows 7 64 bit computer

Videography Lab

At Videography Lab our official type face is Optima. We did a lookup in the ReadMe file of the font and there is no mention at either Microsoft or Adobe on how to make the installation that we could find. Can someone give us a pointer? We are using MS Office 10 beta.

Bob Kiger - Videography Lab

If its a TrueType font, you should be able to open the fonts window. To do this either go to Control Panel - Fonts or just type "Fonts" into search.

Drag the TrueType font file into the Fonts folder and your TTF Optima font will be available in most applications.

Windows 7 64-bit lack support for True Type fonts???

The issue of installing True Type Adobe fonts onto Windows 7 64-bit machines has taken an interesting twist. I made a folder from my old XP Pro machine with the fonts I needed onto a USB stick.

Plugged it into my Quad Core Windows 7 Pro notebook and opened Control Panel > Fonts.
I could not drag or drop the fonts onto the 64-bit sides. In fact Windows 7 didn't even show the TrueType logo next to the font name.

Than I opened my Virtual XP Mode machine on the same Quad Core. When I opened the XP control panel > Fonts I was easily able to see the TrueType fonts and drag them from the USB drive right onto the Fonts window.

I called Adobe and some tech guy who I could barely understand said that Windows 7 does not support True Type???

There must be a way to get my Optima type family on the 64-bit side because I want to publish my two books using Adobe InDesign CS5. What to do?

Bob Kiger - Videography Lab

A lot of time has passed and we still have not heard how to install Adobe True Type fonts on our Window 7 Pro 64-bit system. Adobe Tech Support suggests that we must buy again the fonts????
The specific fonts we like are Optima, Palatino, & Eurostyle to name a few.

Last edited:
Back