Windows 7 Installing Drivers

umsc

So i wasted my money upgrading 3 computers to 7 for my business. SO when i went to install 3 of my printers, it wouldnt or couldnt locate the driver folder which i had downloaded from the manufacturers website. So now my complaint is that Windows 7 doesnt allow you to Browse and manually point it to the folder to install the driver manually. It gives you some stupid suggestions for posting a question on a online forum. There was no way to install my printers that I was told would work with 7.
So, I go to the device manager and see that its not even appearing anywhere, yet in the printers section, they are showing, but the status is that they are not installed properly. Now i have had to go buy Lisenses for XP and UPGRADE to XP once again.
Not only that, but 7 in general is pretty stupid. It took me forever just to figure out how to open up another window to browse online. A little square? The Blue explorer E is now just an open and close feature of the same window. Why fix it when its not broken. This is going to be as bad or worse than Vista. Those Mac commercials are so true. I find youre clicking twice as much to do the same task.
Well, XP here I come again for the 3rd time.

When I go to device manager and select properties of any device I have the option to scan my computer... then I can type in any path and select subfolders and it will go through the entire hard drive before it gives up.

You may have to get technical help. I don't know what business you are in but if I needed some new tires on my van I may have to come to your business and have you do it. It would just be easier than trying the old hammer and tire tool method of getting the tires off the wheel.

Driver install

well thats pretty damn stupid and what average Joe would ever figure that out. Im already back to XP with all my computers. This $150 upgrade has cost my business just over $1000 in tech time and new XP liscenses and 2 days of downtime cause windows7 sucks balls. Mac here I come.

well thats pretty damn stupid and what average Joe would ever figure that out. Im already back to XP with all my computers. This $150 upgrade has cost my business just over $1000 in tech time and new XP liscenses and 2 days of downtime cause windows7 sucks balls. Mac here I come.

I would probably have came to your computers and did it all for $100

Huh, if you all ready had all of your computers running XP why in the world would you have to buy licenses for XP again???

Don't get it.

Huh, if you all ready had all of your computers running XP why in the world would you have to buy licenses for XP again???

Don't get it.
You spent $1,000 and are back to xp.... a technician may have done it correctly for $50 and you would be $950 better off AND have Win 7 working.

Back
Top Bottom