VIDEO Installing Windows 11 on "Unsupported" Hardware!

no its not a good idea and its not really Windows 11 you end up with but a hybrid that [by design] shouldn't be installed on your systems hardware

Copy W10 modules into the W11 distribution, is that really a good idea?
Not a good idea since 11 will just be built on 10 to begin with. I would hold off with the doom and gloom about the system requirements though. We have to find out what the finalized minimum requirements are, as I doubt they will really limit the silicon for security reasons - I could be wrong though. The "rules" could merely be "guidelines" for now. Surely if a system could run it and does have TPM 2 they would be crazy not to let it run on that CPU. Its not immediately clear if these are rules requested of OEMs to use 8th gen Intel or over. It could still "work" with older hardware, but we don't know if the soft limit is really going to be enforced until there are "clarifying statements"?

My 4 year old laptop an Acer E5-575G, did not pass the test. And think of companys with hundreds of PC's. Let's hope for better times with better messages.

Last edited:
Back