Windows 7 Installing Windows 7 home premium upgrade Trend Micro problem

wheelyone

I am attempting to upgrade from vista to windows 7, but it will not install until I remove Trend Micro internet security 2008.
problem is trend micro is not on my PC. I have searched for any example in windows explorer, programme files etc. and their is no mention of any trend micro programme. I might have had it inthe past and removed it, is there some trace likely to be in the registry? And if so how do I proceed?:mad:

Have you checked their website to see if there is a special uninstall utility or any directions on how to do that?

How did you uninstall it originally?

Have you checked msconfig.exe to see if anything like that is starting up or checked the Task Manager to see if any processes or programs are running that might be related.

You may end up having to reinstall to be able to do a complete uninstall.

For reference to others, I had this problem with the upgrade stopping because of Trend Micro Internet Security 2008 requiring uninstallation how-ever it had been uninstalled years ago. The machine being upgraded was Vista Business.

To solve the problem, I used CMD (run as administrator), changed directory to Windows\System32\DRIVERS
renamed the file TMComm.sys to ZZTMcomm.sys and restarted the computer
Upgrade then proceeded
Regards.
Emcevee

Back