installing windows 7. i have windows vista home premium

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Installation' started by nigel, Nov 4, 2011.

1. nigel

nigel New Member

Hi there folks .I want to do as the title suggests by purchasing an upgrade disc,
    However i have a problem my son has the administrator account but has forgotten the password i am a normal account holder . i dont have windows installation disc windows preinstalled on thiswhen i bought it will this upgrade disc work without the admin password and will this upgrade trhe allow me to re set account holders ?. alternatively can someone tell me how i can getr into the version of windows i have and create an administrator account myself so i can get the upgrade and of course install new hardware and software.
    I would really appreciate some help here
    thank you .....................Nigel

2. Sonny

Sonny Fantastic Member

Welcome to the Forum.

It should work. Put your disk in and restart your computer. You might want to check your bios and make sure it is set to boot from CD/DVD rom.

3. nigel

nigel New Member

Thanks for looking Sonny but I dont have windows installation disc windows was preinstalled in this laptop :(

4. Medico

Medico Senior Member

I believe he was talking about the new Win 7 installation disk. Pop the Win 7 disk in and boot to the disk then start the installation.