Installing windows 7 on ubuntu

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Installation' started by nkapur3, Oct 13, 2009.

1. nkapur3

nkapur3 New Member

I am having some trouble installing Windows 7 on Ubuntu 8.04. I am planning on removing Ubuntu and doing a clean install, but when I get to the part where it shows the drive partitions, it displays that they are not in the correct format and I cannot continue. How would I change the format of the partition to allow the install to be clean?

Any and all help is appreciated :)
    Thanks!

2. applebee

applebee New Member

window 7 rebooting

I upgrade my computer to win 7 its was working ok i shut it down the next day i turn on and it won't reboot what should i do plz HELP!!!!!.:confused::mad::( The messeage is BOOTMGR COMPRESSED

motherboard-- ASUS--P5QL-EM

intel---DUO-CORE 2

2GB DDR2

#2 applebee, Oct 13, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2009
  3. wpurcell

wpurcell New Member

Hello! I would backup all my files (music, documents, photos, etc.). Then run the Ubuntu live CD, format the hard drive to NTFS, then try the Win 7 install again. All should be well. I would also think that the Win 7 install would give you "Drive Options" that would allow you to delete the partitions you have on your hard drive, then install Windows. Good luck!

4. wpurcell

wpurcell New Member

Hello. You need to supply more information, such as your computer specs. Sounds like a hardware issue.:)