Windows Vista Instillation Problems

tomholmes

Hey
I just bought a sony vaio VGN-FZ31Z laptop that had home preium installed which is not what I wanted. So i decided to replace it with x64 bit Ultimate, But most of the utilites dont work which I found out after I had installed it.
So I bought 32bit ultimate and went through the installation procees..
It asked which make such as:
IBM
Sony
Toshiba e.t.c
Selected sony naturally, and I got the following error after trying to install:
Windows cannot install required files. The file may be corrupt or missing. Make sure all files required for instillation are avilable, and restart the installation. Error code: 0x80070017

Is your Ultimate an upgrade disk? If so maybe you could try doing a clean install with the Home Premium that came with the laptop, then install Ultimate 32 as an upgrade?

Sam

Hey
I just bought a sony vaio VGN-FZ31Z laptop that had home preium installed which is not what I wanted. So i decided to replace it with x64 bit Ultimate, But most of the utilites dont work which I found out after I had installed it.
So I bought 32bit ultimate and went through the installation procees..
It asked which make such as:
IBM
Sony
Toshiba e.t.c
Selected sony naturally, and I got the following error after trying to install:
Windows cannot install required files. The file may be corrupt or missing. Make sure all files required for instillation are avilable, and restart the installation. Error code: 0x80070017

Where in the installation process were you asked the question above concerning make????

The error code in question refers to not being able to read a file or DVD.... Now lets say I'd burnt my installation disk from an 'iso' and the error message above keeps being thrown up.... The usual fix is to reburn the iso but at a lower speed. You, however, say you've bought a new copy of ultimate and yet your still getting the above error message.... I'd try to re-install making sure your DVD is running correctly (it may need a firmware update?). If the problem still persists then you may have to return the disk and get a replacement.

It wont let me upgrade no...
After I have chosen language and clicked install, it comes up then.
Thanks for the promt replys.
And Im getting a replacment sent, So we will see what happens

Lets hope the replacement works a little better. If you still get problems then it may be worth backing up what you can and then doing a full install.

Back