Windows 7 Insufficient Resources

Flupsie

Usually after I have run a macro on Excel and truy to open up another workbook , I get a message "Insufficient resources" I use Windows 7 and Office 2010 and have 4GB of RAM.

It would be appreciated if someone could help me resolve this issue

You don't have problems opening workbooks if you do not run the Macro? What type of Macro is it and where did it come from?

I think that i may have resolved the problem. Within my macro I usually have application.screenupdating = false which uses a lot of resources

I have taken out this line of code on some of my workbooks and so far it seems to mnot be causing the problem with 'insufficient resources

Hi Pat

I eventually resolved the problem a week ago. I engaged the services of an IT professional. At the start button he ran msconfig and disabled non-essential programs at start up, such as Skype, Nero etc that use a lot of resources. He also loaded a memory optimiser. I can now run macro and open several workbooks without encountering any problems. I have tested this for a week now

Well done - freeing up all the resources you have will make much more available and reduce the likelihood that you will hit the limit again. Msconfig is the standard method for managing startup apps but another MS product, autoruns, free from the link below is a much more powerful and comprehensive manager which you might find useful for monitoring startups:

Autoruns for Windows

Thanks for the reply and the link for autoruns. I will definately make use of this

You mentioned Nero. If, you are running Windows 7, there is no need for Nero or any burning software since 7 does everything natively & there is no longer need for adding burning software. 7 will, even burn ISOs by itself & direct burn to both CDs & DVDs.

Just saying...

Drew

Hi Drew

Thanks for the reply. I have uninstalled Nero as it is no longer required

Back
Top Bottom