Windows 7 Intel 82915G/GV/910GL

WingmanSVT

I have a HP Pavilion a1023c, with an Intel 82915G/GV/910GL Display adapter. It has 128 meg allocated memory from the RAM. However I cannot run the windows Aero visualizations. I thought that the minimum was 128 to run Aero.

Anyone know if there is a way to run Aero on this adapter?

My Specs:
Pentium 4 @ 3.00 HT
1 Gig of RAM
250 Gig 7200rpm HD
32 bit

Last edited:
Hello,

Hope you haven't already tried this method.

Go to Start > Search and type in fix problems and select Fix problems with transparency and Visual effects.

This will bring up the Aero box and run tests to see if your video card is capable of it. Just click the Next button and the tests will begin

I don't mean to thread jack but can you help me in finding drivers for that vid card since i have the same one and windows can't find it.

I just ran into the same issue with an HP Business PC. However, the news isn't good for that driver. According to Intel, the 910G/915G have limitations that prevent running Aero. The earliest driver is the 945G that could run Aero. I am still trying to figure out a solution.

I went to the intel link regkhar posted in another post about the 82915g chipset. I downloaded the latest drivers for windows xp. I had to change the compatibility on the installer. Lets hope windows 7 wont blue screen this time.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom