Windows 7 Intel Chipset Driver

gruenteefan

hi,

ive successfully installed windows 7. im very very happy with this new os.

But i cannot install that Intel Chipset driver, there is an error "This operating system is not supported - Setup will exit.".

Can anyone help me?

gruenteefan

to clear that up a little. You can either go into device manager and right click on the device and click update driver from there after you extract the files from the install. Otherwise go to the intel setup app and right click and go to properties and then go to compatibility. check the top checkbox and change the OS below it to windows VISTA. then the checkboc at the bottom that says "Run as Administrator" check it as well. Now click ok and try and run the install again.

Hmm i have the same problem and when i restart it says that it fails.....

could you go into detail on the zip thing you were talking about.

EDIT:
i just installed it and went under properties and driver details it said this

"This device is working properly.
The drivers for this device will be uninstalled when the machine is restarted. Any changes you make to this device will not be preserved.
You need to restart your computer before the changes you made to this device will take effect."

ummm contredicting itself much? i dont think thats right. please help as soon as possible

Last edited:
Me Too

I have this error too. No matter how I install that driver (whether I run the .exe in Vista Compatibility mode, or try to "Update" the driver of the "Video Controller" under Other devices in device manager or update the "Standard VGA Graphics Adapter" to the driver from intel). It seems that it installs fine and the driver is ready to work, but it needs a restart to take effect. So when I restart, it seems to just get rid of the Intel driver that I just installed, per the message that Sakai mentioned, to be replaced by the Standard VGA graphics adapter again. If only there was a way to disable the Standard VGA Graphics adapter from automatically installing itself over the Intel driver, it seems like it would work.

When I connect via remote desktop from another computer, it seems that the driver installs fine and it seems like I should be able to get the resolution that I want, but Win7 just overwrites it upon restart...

I attempted to delete or move some of the dll files that are being used as the driver for the Standard VGA Adapter, but that didn't help either... This is really the only thing preventing me from liking Win7 because if this graphics chipset isn't supported now, then there's no way that MS or Intel will create a driver at a later time for such an old chipset...which means no Win7 on my 700m, not now, not ever.

This happens when a driver, after install, becomes corrupt or unstable. Windows automatically removes it from the pc and installs the default. Unfortunately even though the driver is installed correctly it does not mean it is compatible.

Hey guys,

download the new version of intel chipset driver directly from intel HP.
The setup will be runs without comp. mod :razz:

/olli

I have 2 installations of W7. The first was on a desktop computer that works perfect. The second was on a Dell Inspiron 630M laptop where I initially had a few problems with drivers that was solved with the first update; all but the graphics driver.

The graphics on the laptop is unsolveabable. The graphics driver (Intel 915GM/GM...) is not available in Visa according to Dell and Intel. A few times W7 Update would allow a graphics driver to load, but if I was running on battery all I had was a very bland screen with about 2 colors. If I plugged in a monitor, then both monitor and laptop screen were fine. If I forced an update and the driver is re-installed, it only to go back to the same problem on battery a few minutes later. I have tried various driver downloads, but I always get an error that says that I am installing the driver with the wrong system. I have given up with W7 on this old non-Vista compliant laptop and gone back to XP.

I have 2 installations of W7. The first was on a desktop computer that works perfect. The second was on a Dell Inspiron 630M laptop where I initially had a few problems with drivers that was solved with the first update; all but the graphics driver.

The graphics on the laptop is unsolveabable. The graphics driver (Intel 915GM/GM...) is not available in Visa according to Dell and Intel. A few times W7 Update would allow a graphics driver to load, but if I was running on battery all I had was a very bland screen with about 2 colors. If I plugged in a monitor, then both monitor and laptop screen were fine. If I forced an update and the driver is re-installed, it only to go back to the same problem on battery a few minutes later. I have tried various driver downloads, but I always get an error that says that I am installing the driver with the wrong system. I have given up with W7 on this old non-Vista compliant laptop and gone back to XP.

Hi there

THERE ARE VISTA DRIVERS for this chipset . Forget the DELL / Microsoft site -- here's from "The Horses Mouth" INTEL itself. For the laptop you need the MOBILE EXPRESS chipset. Here's a link - then choose whether you want the 32 or 64 bit versions.

Laptop Chipsets - Chipset information and downloads

Cheers

jimbo

Acer 6930

I am using a Acer 6930 Laptop. I recently installed Windows 7 RC1 build 7100. I have a intel GMA 4500M in the laptop, but i cant find drivers for the same. I have installed the 64 bit W7. Whenever i try installing , it says the error operating systam not supported- setup will exit. Nothing doing even if i run it as admin. When it gies like this, W7 shows the option to " run it with recommended settings" but when i do that it gives a whole new error called " your system does not meet the min requirements for installing this." which is not true.

I went to Intel Site and did a Driver check. They told me that i have a 4500 GMA and the driver installed is 8.11 something. which is not from intel. but Windows default. They Add that OS not recognized. please got to the download center.

Also, i did a device manager driver update. It found a driver update from Windows i guess and the funny part is, Before the Update my Exp Index was 3.2 ( 3.2 for aer0 perf, gaming GFX is 4.9 ( i know not so great, or even crysis great).

Product Detected Mobile Intel(R) 45 Express Chipset Family (Microsoft Corporation - Prerelease WDDM 1.1) Current Driver Installed 8.15.10.1713 An Intel device was detected but your operating system is not supported by this utility. Please visit Download Center to look for available software.
But after the driver update it went o 3.1.
Any way to install the Intel Driver ofr my GFX?
Thanks.

Christin.

Last edited:
Hi There,

I was playing with this intel chipset driver because my laptop has a intel 45pm or something like that,...but to tell the truth the basic driver what comes with the RC1 is the best so far...

I tried the provided drivers from ACER (used with vista) but I had problems with that..

here comes my question:

I am playing with games...starting without errors, runs smoothly but after a few minutes it ends up comic-like (3-4-5fps)
I have absolutely no idea (maybe Windows not uses the quad cores in the right way....

Any idea?

cheers,
Lac

Hello, I dint get the point, why you have to play around with intel graphics drivers. get the NVidia ones. That should work smooth.

Are the Nvidia drivers installed?
Check the nvdia properties, too.

Cheers.

Well, the Nvidia Drivers installed properly (latest)

and I needed to install the chipset drivers because the chipset drver is responsible for the pci-e controlling....just for an example.

So in order to make things work, I need a proper intel chipset driver.

Under Chipset driver , I mean chipset driver for the mainboard and not for the graphics...

Problem Solved! Intel Mobil i910GML/i915GM graphics problem solved for Windows 7. I have an HP Pavilion dv4000 with the Intel i910/i915GML video chip. I upgraded from Windows XP then looked everywhere and finally found the correct driver for the video driver for Windows 7. The computer is running perfect with no problems. You must use this driver ....none of the others will work!

Go to cnet and download this file : Link Removed - Invalid URL

Also, for those upgrading their Dell 6000 to Windows 7 with the same chipset, I've also discovered that the Windows XP drivers are compatible with Windows 7.

Good Luck!

Re: Intel Chipset Driver

Problem Solved! Intel Mobil i910GML/i915GM graphics problem solved for Windows 7. I have an HP Pavilion dv4000 with the Intel i901/i915GML video chip. I upgraded from Windows XP then looked everywhere and finally found the correct driver for the video driver for Windows 7. The computer is running perfect with no problems. You must use this driver ....none of the others will work!

Go to cnet and download this file : Link Removed - Invalid URL

Also, for those upgrading their Dell 6000 to Windows 7, I've also discovered that the Windows XP drivers are compatible with Windows 7.

Good Luck!​

Back