Windows 7 Intel GMA Graphics Processor with Windows 7 Ultimate

Chad0044

I have an HP dv4000 laptop with an Intel GMA900 graphics processor, that has been upgraded to Windows 7 Ultimate. If I try to run a Windows Game like Solitaire, I get an alert message that says hardware acceleration is not supported by your video card driver. Checking further, I find no driver installed for the video controller. I have heard that there are no drivers available, but not sure if it is true. Can anyone update me on this situation?

Please see here, as it looks like driver support is limited: Graphics — Older Intel® graphics controllers and Microsoft Windows 7* operating system

Unfortunately, graphics support is often limited with integrated video cards on laptops. Many of these video cards, from 2001 to 2007, were designed with the WDDM display model. This design model changed when Windows Vista was released. It required video card manufacturers to invest heavily in unified driver support. While many dedicated graphics cards were able to survive the change through software updates, many integrated graphics cards did not achieve full compatibility with the new display model. With your computer having originally been created around 2005, it is unlikely that you will have full support. This does not mean you cannot use the computer at all, it simply means that your integrated graphics is not fully compatible for hardware accelerated gaming or rendering.

:(

Yes, it appears that driver support is very limited. I went to the Intel website, but for the GMA 900 they only have drivers for Windows XP. So, unless there is some third party driver out there, I guess I am out of luck.
Thanks

Yes, it appears that driver support is very limited. I went to the Intel website, but for the GMA 900 they only have drivers for Windows XP. So, unless there is some third party driver out there, I guess I am out of luck.
Thanks

you can use drivergenius or driverspack if you want... =)

Back