Windows 7 Interesting....

Radenight

Microsoft: Pirated Windows 7 Will Still Get Updates - Tom's Hardware

I pretty much knew this anyway but still I thought it would be a good read for some.. ;) Kinda backs up the 'conspiracy theory' a couple of members on here had going a while back... How MS was leaking the daily builds of Windows 7 themselves or at least that they knew exactly who was leaking them and almost wanted them to be leaked/downloaded... ;)

Anyway, some food for thought none the less.. :)

Microsoft: Pirated Windows 7 Will Still Get Updates - Tom's Hardware

.. ;) Kinda backs up the 'conspiracy theory' a couple of members on here had going a while back... ... ;)

Anyway, some food for thought none the less.. :)

Well if the judge in charge of the 'BAY's trial was actually a member of 2 of the copyright organisations concerned with the trial then it wouldn't surprise me if Microsoft was a "silent" sponsor of 'The Bay either.

Now that WOULD be a turn round for the books.

Actually supplying security updates even for "illegal versions" makes sense since as the article rightly points out a virus is a virus and if it is spread to "legit users" then its bad publicity for the OS as a whole -- and in anycase since the code has been developed it is probably easier just to allow everyone to update instead of "irritating" users with extra nagware (such as WGA) so much that they just stop bothering to apply the security patches and help to spread future viruses.

Not so difficult to understand this philosophy actually.

Cheers
jimbo

Actually supplying security updates even for "illegal versions" makes sense since as the article rightly points out a virus is a virus and if it is spread to "legit users" then its bad publicity for the OS as a whole -- and in anycase since the code has been developed it is probably easier just to allow everyone to update instead of "irritating" users with extra nagware (such as WGA) so much that they just stop bothering to apply the security patches and help to spread future viruses.

Not so difficult to understand this philosophy actually.

Cheers
jimbo

Exactly.. ;)

Back