Windows 7 Interesting

It worked for me John..

As for the assessment, it's plain they have never tried 7 otherwise they wouldn't make such a sweeping statement..

There is also a controversial recommendation regarding external harddrives as backup storage devices in that same article. In my opinion their recommendation is simply wrong for most users.

EDIT: For those readers unfamiliar with Comcast; they are a provider of Cable TV, internet, and digital telephone in many areas of the U.S.

This is what happens when ISP's decide to upgrade their entire support division from Windows 2000 to Windows 7.

I agree with kemical, this is an absolute biased statement based on nothing other than poor marketing skills.

This is what happens when ISP's decide to upgrade their entire support division from Windows 2000 to Windows 7.

I agree with kemical, this is an absolute biased statement based on nothing other than poor marketing skills.

This all illustrates the mindset that individual home users as well as a large percentage of IT professionals have of automatically adopting a new system after the first service pack, but never before. It also illustrates why Microsoft is expected to push out a service pack so soon after the original OS release with no significant changes or improvements. (Microsoft lacks a lot in their development abilities, but they have a marketing organization second to none.)

edit: If an organization has a Windows 2000 system functioning for themselves, why would they give up the stability offered by that OS for a new one that offers a significantly lower level of stability?

This all illustrates the mindset that individual home users as well as a large percentage of IT professionals have of automatically adopting a new system after the first service pack, but never before. It also illustrates why Microsoft is expected to push out a service pack so soon after the original OS release with no significant changes or improvements. (Microsoft lacks a lot in their development abilities, but they have a marketing organization second to none.)

edit: If an organization has a Windows 2000 system functioning for themselves, why would they give up the stability offered by that OS for a new one that offers a significantly lower level of stability?

Yeah........what you said!
Like the old familiar saying, "if it works, don't try to fix it!"

:)

Back